Friday, July 8, 2011

Codes for Meaningful Verses or Passages

As I have been reading Proverbs this past week, there are words that continually come to mind:  heart, trust, self-discipline, health (just to name a few.)  I decided to set up codes that I could mark next to verses that speak to me about those words.  That way, when I need to find the Proverbs that spoke to me about those "topics", I will be able to find them.   The codes are simple:  a heart symbol for "heart", T for "trust", SD for "self-discipline", H for "health", etc.  Has anyone tried that before?  Or do you have another way that you make notes that you could share?

2 comments:

  1. Ok, I think I'm in on this blog thing. Thanks everyone for coming tonight and making yourselves at home while I took care of a family matter. You all are family too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isaiah 41:9-10 "I took you from the ends of the earth, from its farthest corners I called you. I said, 'You are my servant; I have chosen you and have not rejected you. So do not fear, I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your G_d. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand."
    Lord, let the meditations of our hearts and the words we speak be pleasing to You. May we display Your love to others, so that they may be drawn back into your kingdom. In Jesus Christ's name we pray. Amen

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.